The Monsanto complex on Olive Street Road is being emptied out as we speak. Preparing for Bare essentials.
MONMOUTH POLLING INSTITUTE: Presently, 50 percent of likely voters support Hillary Clinton; 38 percent back Donald Trump – all since her speeches to Wall Street were revealed. . .Meanwhile, here is what the NY Times reports:http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/18/us/politics/hillary-clinton-campaign.html
MICHAEL MOORE’S new epic, “Michael Moore in TrumpLand” unreels tomorrow in theaters.
AFB, THE KOCH-BACKED GROUP, is digitally targeting voters in MIssouri and other states with a “like your plan” theme attacking Obamacare and skyrocketing costs.
SOLAR SIDEWALKS & ROADS will reportedly be installed at a rest area off Route 66 in Missouri. The heated panels with traction will deter ice and snow. Creator: Scott Brusau in Idaho. He has garnered three FHA grants ($1.6 million),funding from state and local economic development agencies and $2.2 million to develop solar bike paths.
OCTOBER 19 IN HISTORY: 2011, Cardinals won game 1 against the Texas Rangers in the World Series; 1977, Supersonic Concorde first landed in NYC, 1975, “A Chorus LIne” debuted on Broadway for 6,137 performances, 1971, the final issue of Look magazine was published; 1963, Beatles recorded “I Want to Hold Your Hand;” 1939, Herman Goering began his plunder through Nazi-occupied areas; 1879, Thomas A. Edison demonstrated the electric light.
THE FIRST LADIES & TAXPAYERS’ BILLS FOR THEIR STAFFS
Mary Lincoln was taken to task for purchasing china for the White House during the Civil War and Mamie Eisenhower had to shell out for her personal secretary from her husband’s salary.
TOTAL PERSONAL STAFF MEMBERS FOR OTHER FIRST LADIES:
FROM A READER: A compilation of historic facts about Muslims
If the latest batch of murders, beheadings, and killing of innocent people has shocked you, maybe you should read this compilation of historical facts about the hatred of Muslims.
WE, THE STUPID
This is factually (and historically) correct – and verifiable:
In 732 A.D. The Muslim Army, which was moving on Paris, was defeated and turned back at Tours, France, by Charles Martell.
In 1571 A.D. The Muslim Army/Navy was defeated by the Italians and Austrians as they tried to cross the Mediterranean to attack southern Europe in the Battle of Lepanto.
In 1683 A.D. The Turkish Muslim Army, attacking Eastern Europe, was finally defeated in the Battle of Vienna by German and Polish Christian Armies.
This has been going on for 1,400 years and half of the politicians don’t even know it. If these battles had not been won, we might be speaking Arabic and Christianity could be non-existent; Judaism certainly would not exist. Reflecting: A lot of Americans have become so insulated from reality that they imagine that America can suffer defeat without any inconvenience to themselves. Pause a moment and reflect back.These events are actual events from history. They really happened!
Do you remember?
It’s been 48 years since 1968 and this just keeps going on and on.
1. In 1968, Bobby Kennedy was shot and killed by a Muslim male.
2. In 1972, at the Munich Olympics, Israeli athletes were kidnapped and massacred by Muslim males.
3. In 1972, a Pan Am 747 was hijacked and eventually diverted to Cairo where a fuse was lit on final approach. Shortly after landing it was blown up by Muslim males.
4. In 1973, a Pan Am 707 was destroyed in Rome, with 33 people killed, when it was attacked with grenades by Muslim males.
5. In 1979, the US embassy in Iran was taken over by Muslim males.
6. During the 1980’s a number of Americans were kidnapped in Lebanon by Muslim males.
7. In 1983, the US Marine barracks in Beirut was blown up by Muslim males.
8. In 1985, the cruise ship Achille Lauro was hijacked and a 70-year old American passenger was murdered and thrown overboard in his wheelchair by Muslim males.
9. In 1985, TWA flight 847 was hijacked at Athens, and a US Navy diver trying to rescue passengers was murdered by Muslim males.
10. In 1988, Pan Am Flight 103 was bombed by Muslim males.
11. In 1993, the World Trade Center was bombed the first time by Muslim males.
12. In 1998, the US embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were bombed by Muslim males.
13. On 9/11/01, four airliners were hijacked; two were used as missiles to take down the World Trade Centers and of the remaining two, one crashed into the US Pentagon and the other was diverted and crashed by the passengers. Thousands of people were killed by Muslim males.
14. In 2002, the United States fought a war in Afghanistan against Muslim males.
15. In 2002, reporter Daniel Pearl was kidnapped and beheaded by – you guessed it – a Muslim male. (Plus two other American journalists who were just recently beheaded).
16. In 2013, the Boston Marathon Bombing resulted in 4 Innocent people, (including a child) being killed and 264 people injured by Muslim males.
No Profiling …
Justifying profiling? To ensure we Americans never offend anyone, particularly fanatics intent on killing us, airport security screeners will no longer be allowed to profile certain people. So, ask yourself “Just how stupid are we???
“Absolutely No Profiling! They must conduct random searches of 80-year-old women, little kids, airline pilots with proper identification, secret agents who are members of the Obama’s security detail, 85-year-old Congressmen with metal hips, and Medal of Honor winner and former Governor Joe Foss, BUT……..leave Muslim Males alone lest we be guilty of profiling.
Ask yourself, “Just how stupid are we?” Have the American people completely lost their minds or just their Power of Reason? As the writer of the award winning story ” Forrest Gump ” so aptly put it, “Stupid Is As Stupid Does
Sergio Gabriele, DeSmet Jesuit class of 2016, has been honored with two merit scholarships to study computer science at Ohio State. He is flanked in the photo by brothers Giovanni, Vincenzo and Aldo Gabriele. Their parents, Maria and Carmello are co-owners with the boys’ uncle Frank Gabriele of Il Bel Lago and Giovanni’s Kitchen.
Just out this morning. The Quinnipiac Poll: Donald Trump has a commanding lead over his Republican rivals in his home state of New York. He has the support of 56 percent of likely GOP primary voters.
THAT’S FORMER CHANNEL 5 REPORTER/ANCHOR WENDY BELL getting the gate in Pittsburgh. Bell was the standout reporter for the Show Me 5 show 20 years ago. Since then, she’s been toiling at the Hearst station in Pittsburgh, WTAE. Recently, she posted a questionable comment on social media. The community went bonkers and her bosses caved into pressure and fired her. She’ll be fine. She has a hubby who makes big bucks as an interventional cardiologist. . .David Guerreiro, son of Wedgewood Partners’ Tony Guerreiro, is scoring accolades in the press in N.Y.C. and L.A., where he now lives. Known as “Vid,” he’s a grad of Priory and Dartmouth U. . .After 98 years on The Hill, Gioia’s Deli will bow a downtown branch at 903 Pine tomorrow beginning at 1030 a.m. Owners Alex and Amanda Donley will be serving up their trademark hot and savory salami sandwiches Monday-Friday.
CONSERVATIVES’ PUSH AGAINST THE DEATH PENALTY are expanding their efforts in Missouri. . .Brittany Harper of Joplin, MO has been charged in Alabama for her involvement in violent crimes that spanned four states. . .Russian police have stepped up the search for 25 year-old Colin Madsen of Jeff City, who has been missing for some time. . .Missouri is just below its pre-recession level of job loss. . .Left Bank Books heralds the appearance of Douglas Brinkley at 7 p.m., April 15 at the Public Library HQ, 1640 S. Lindbergh, where he’ll discuss his “Rightful Heritage.”
TOMORROW APRIL 1, 1976, STEVE JOBS, RONALD WAYNE and Stephen Wozniak founded Apple Computer.
Huffington Pollster: Average of recent national polls puts Donald Trump’s favorability at only 31 percent, while 63 percent viewed him unfavorably. . . BOOKMARK: “You Belong to the Universe: Buckminister Fuller,” penned by Jonathan Keats. Keats writes about the visionary whose geodesic domes were introduced. While I toiled at the Muny, the board beckoned Fuller with a view towards creating a dome over the outdoor theater that would preclude rainouts. Furthermore, the venue could present plays, musicals and concerts all year-long. The plan was scotched by the stodgy board due to costs. . .There goes Mark Erney on the town. The former lead to creating a franchise of Hamburger Mary’s pled guilty of embezzling his investors – including Frank Siano – of a few hundred thousand bucks for his personal use. The judge gave Erney probation and ordered restitution.
Virbac, a worldwide leader in developing, manufacturing and distributing animal health care products, is poised to expand in Bridgeton and Canada at a cost of $37.9 million and adding 144 new high-paying jobs.
NBC News/summary/monkeypoll has just released that half of Republicans and Republican-leaning voters nationwide – 52 percent – say they want to see a general election between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump.